Linggo, Hulyo 8, 2012

Our Greatest Need

July 9,2012

We are creatures with all kinds of needs. Without air, water or food for instance, we can't go on living. In addition to these absolutely basic necessities, we have a host of others that must be meet if we are to be healthy and happy. But these needs are just not physical, emotional and social; they are also spiritual.

I was a Christian for more than two decades now, and being one requires me to go to church every Sunday. I grew up in church, attend Sunday school, memorizing Bible verses, listened to Pastor's sermon, had friendship with the believers, and got ministered on music. Life of a Christian is like a roller coaster ride, it wasn't that easy at all. I had also my dark and lonely nights, doubts and fears assailed me, and a feeling of no escape of problem. I tossed and turned just as others do. I even asked God about my faith, minds in jumble, got to hold the bull on its thorns and ended up sinned.

Somehow, on marvelous way, I turned again to my Shepherd. I prayed, confessed my sin, asked for forgiveness and He forgive me again. I developed a wonderful relationship with Jesus Christ. Thought that I need God. That I'm sick and can no longer make it alone. I need God to help me give, because I no longer seem to be capable of giving. To help me kind,as capable of kindness. To help me love, as I seem beyond being able to love. By His Holy Spirit I enable myself to be kind, generous and loving.

For now, Ive been thanking God not just for the many blessings, but even on problems- that in it I realized that God was MY GREATEST NEED. = )

" When we have nothing left but God, we find that God is enough "

Matthew 4:4 It is written, "Man shall not live by bread alone , but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. "


Living Life to the Fullest

Ysay

2 komento:

  1. Amen to that :)
    Been also in a roller-coaster ride with my faith but true enough, in your darkest hour, you only have Him (and that's enough) :D

    TumugonBurahin