Sabado, Nobyembre 5, 2011

READER : The Hiding Place

" do you know what hurts so very much? It's love. Love is the strongest force in the world, and when it is blocked it means pain."
" There are two things we can do when this happens. We can kill the love so that it stops hurting. 
But then of course part of us dies, too. Or, we can ask God to open up another route for that love to travel."
" God loves the person you love-even more than you do-and if you ask Him, He will give you His love for this
man, a love nothing can prevent,nothing destroy. Whenever we cannot love in the old, human way,
God can give us the perfect way."


Exactly the same words that struck me most when I've read this book titled " The Hiding Place" -a true to life story of Corrie ten Boom in time of Nazis invasion in Holland. Those words mentioned above cause me not tears but even heart ticking moments- a flashback from my life's pain. :( I was not really a lover of reading books such this one but the irony is that, I loved to buy books in bookshop sales and ended up not reading it. Dust already make a home out of it. hehe but this one, its really different!

Bought this book from a bookshop that sells for only 20 pesos! so cheap that you cannot really appreciate its beauty on the cover since being out of date and smells like you've put it in for 20 years in a cabinet or box haha!Ive checked the date it was published and it was 1971 hehe I was not even born that time LOL. Nonetheless, I guess it was really meant for me :) 

Ive felt so much for this little book and I always see to it that it would take a time out of my busy life :) Everyday Ive spent a 15 minutes to read a chapter of it :) Of course, my Bible would always be the first book to be read on - and that would mostly matter. :) I loved this book in a sense that even though how hard their life was on Nazis occupation, that the ten Boom family house become an underground for Jews-  they always lean to God alone. God was always being mentioned and indeed God was so being obedient and faithful even on that life crisis they had. It was somewhat also a self-help book for me, where you can learned a lot of life's lesson. It made me cry also! Not because I'm so emotional but Ive felt alot that was really striking! 

anyhow.. Id just really LIKED the book :) I hope dear friends that you will have the opportunity to read it :)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths" - Proverbs 3:5-6

♥♥ Love and Light ♥♥

   YSAY ☺

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento